The PO focuses on how to set projects up for success by working with a cross-functional team of engineers, UX/UI Designers and Data personnel.
At a high level, this involves managing stakeholders, defining user stories and acceptance criteria, prioritizing and refining the team’s backlog, overcoming roadblocks, facilitating scrum rituals, evaluating metrics, and delivering incremental value. The PO, along with cross-functional teams, focuses on how to solve problems interactively and at high quality.
- Managing projects roadmap in conjunction with PM’s.
- Collaborates with PM’s to prioritize opportunity backlogs.
- Responsible for defining and prioritizing Epics, User Stories, and Acceptance Criteria.
- Responsible for obtaining estimations on requirements.
- Provides requirements on Data and Instrumentation.
- Responsible for tracking and providing visibility to stakeholders into team’s progress and impact on timeline of delivery during sprints and cycles.
- Ensures internal readiness for new initiative/product roll-out.
- Supports PMs in providing Product level visibility.
- Provides visibility into risks and works with stakeholders to resolve them.
Desired Skills and Qualification:
- 3+ years of experience managing and developing software products as a PM/PO in an Agile delivery environment
- 3+ year(s) of mobile product management / product owner experience with native iOS/Android applications in an agile software development environment.
- Experience with agile scrum methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate at varying levels of technical detail with all levels and types of internal stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver designs in an Agile development model